Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Beginning of Endless Film Choices...

I am currently in an Advanced Composition English class where all of the students have chosen a topic of their choice to research and learn more about. Everyone has chosen a topic based on personal interest and/or something that directly affects their life. I have chosen to explore the medium of film and how people make their viewing choices. I will focus on college students majoring in film, professors that teach film, and students and professors in other areas of study.

This subject is very intriguing to me because I am a film student and I love watching all types of films. I started out as a business major my first semester of college and changed my major to Radio/Television/Film the next semester. I always wanted to study film but never looked at it as a reality. I hope to move to California when I graduate and work in the film industry. I want to work as a scriptwriter, cinematographer, and one day become a director.

Their are a lot of criteria measures which I take into consideration when I am deciding on a film. I want to pick other people's brains to understand if they share any of the same criteria as me or others I have talked to. I want to comprise results and common themes based on interviews that I will conduct at my University. I am excited about my topic because I love talking with people about all areas of film. This study will help me improve my research skills as a student and help me open up to new ideas as a film viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment